Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Sound the Trumpet

One of the greatest blessings over the last year-and-a-half or so that God has been stirring in several of us at CHC to begin an orphan care ministry now known as 4theVoiceless is how many new relationships God has given us.  We have met many people in our area as we have raised awareness about God's call to Christ-followers to help the orphan.  We have met others from outside our area via various technology.  Just a few weeks ago, I was able to connect two potential ministry partners, neither of whom I knew when God began to stir in our hearts to care for the orphan.

As some of the point people who helped start 4theVoiceless began to move away throughout this year, one of our greatest needs and greatest prayers was for God to send us new people who had a passion for orphans.  He has begun to answer that prayer through a number of people.

One of these people is Shannon Shaw, who began attending our Orphanology study just a few weeks ago.  You can see the fire in her eyes as she shares what God is moving her toward (though, like most of us, she can't really tell you what that looks like right now!).  We noticed this fire when we first began to talk about dignity bags and what we could do for children taken into foster care.

Shannon recently wrote a testimony about what God has done in her life over the last year or so in preparation for the CHC SHE ministry's Christmas party.  The theme was "Sound the Trumpet."

Shannon's Story


Over the past year I can honestly say, "I've grown"!  Why?  I chose to move.  I stepped out in faith and quit teaching middle school to be home with my family.  HE has provided!

I began my first Bible study and have learned so much while being surrounded with Christian women who love, encourage, and pray for me.  HE has delivered!  I spoke at a women's conference and realized I can do ALL things through him.  HE gave me courage and strength!

I'm now participating in the Orphanology class here at CHC.  I'm amazed at the opportunity I have to serve in this area of ministry!  HE reassures!

God doesn't promise a bump-free road along the way when we decide to move and follow his call.  However, I can now say from my experience, the blessings far outweigh the bumps.  I'm looking forward to continued growth in and through Him!  And one day when I hear the final trumpet call, I hope to hear well done, good and faithful servant.

What is HE calling you to do today?  You have nothing to lose and everything to gain living a life that glorifies Him!  God Bless!

Shannon Shaw

While You Are Giving Thanks This Week


During this week when we focus (or at least, should focus) on what we have to be thankful for, I'm thankful for the people God is raising up both in our church family at Colonials Hills and in churches and organizations throughout the world to care for orphans.  I'm thankful that more and more Christ-followers are stepping up  in some way to answer God's call to reflect His character to orphans.

As Thursday approaches and many of you sit down with your family to enjoy a meal and God's blessings in your life, consider the orphan.  Maybe that orphan is nameless and faceless to you (and maybe not), but that longing that he feels deep in his heart -- the longing for a forever family that most of us will enjoy and perhaps even take for granted on Thanksgiving Day -- is very real.  As you thank God for His blessings in your life, pray for His blessings on the world's orphans today, too.

God blesses us, that the ends of the earth my fear Him.  --Psalm 67:7 (HCSB)

Thanks for reading.  Happy Thanksgiving.

4theVoiceless,
Al


No comments:

Post a Comment