Thursday, March 14, 2013

Last-Minute Updates Before Haiti



4theVoiceless in Haiti


One more day before our team leaves for Haiti.  We packed the crates at CHC Southaven Wednesday night.  I'm sure everyone else on the team, like me, will be trying to remember last-minute items that we don't want to forget.  Just a couple of items here on the blog before we leave:

As I did on the last Haiti trip in 2012, I will be journaling while we are there and putting those thoughts on the blog when we return.  For brief updates while we are in Haiti, you can follow me on Twitter (@alainsworth).  That's about the extent of access to the internet that I expect while we are there.




Orphan Run Mississippi 5K & Fun Run


Also, I wanted to encourage you to sign up for the Orphan Run MS 5K (or fun run) if you have not already done so.  My family is all signed up and ready to go (well, at least all signed up!).  Sign up in the next week to assure yourself a T-shirt.  (That's not so that you can have another T-shirt but more that you can help raise awareness to the needs of orphans in Uganda and elsewhere!)

Better yet, if you are in a position to sponsor the race (your business, your church, or your family), please contact race director EmilyFaith Abbott for more information.

Please pray for our team.  I look forward to updating you when we return.

The blog has gone over 6,000 page views since coming online in May of 2012!  As always, thanks for reading. 

4theVoiceless,
Al

1 comment:

  1. Prayer & Blessings sent your way in Haiti ... Look forward to your postings when you return. Your actions speak volumes of your character Al & I admire that a lot. Seeing the Holy Spirit shining via you is awesome to witness !

    ReplyDelete