Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Adoption Stories: Found! God's Perfect Timing

Flavors of Forever Families: A Collection of Recipes & Redemption Stories is a cookbook/adoption story book that will be available at Colonial Hills Church this weekend and online next week.  In the days leading up to the book's release, we are sharing parts of the stories that are included in it.

Today's teaser comes from a story that I discovered during a hospital visit, of all things, earlier this year.  This may be the most fascinating adoption story I have ever heard.  I have known Larry Gideon for many years, but I had never heard his story.  I am very grateful that he shared it with me and now with you.

Found! God's Perfect Timing -- Selected Quotes


 "She put me up for adoption because she was already on what was then called “relief” for herself and the six children living at home."

"I was adopted by closed adoption through the now-defunct Tennessee Children's Home Society (TCHS) in Memphis, run by the notorious black market baby broker Georgia Tann."


"I really had no desire to find out about my birth mother.  I never knew her and surely did not want to hurt Mama's and Daddy's feelings by making them think I was not happy with my life with them." 

"Daddy passed away in 1999, and Mama –  already diagnosed with Alzheimer's –  never recognized me again after Easter of 2001."

"... I was the only qualified person to open them.  I agreed to make the request."


"...my sealed adoption records were mailed to me."


"After getting over the shock that I had other siblings, Joy and I began searching for my relatives." 


"... I was about ready to give up, but my wife was determined."

"This woman said that the first names sounded like the names of her cousins from west Tennessee..."


"She said that now it all made sense."

"Our mother had told her and our siblings living at home that she was going to Paris, TN, to have a tumor removed from her abdomen."

"Our mother had given false information about our family..."


"My sisters thought he was delirious..."

"...she asked if she could ask me a very personal question." 

"...after what she had just heard from me that she was entitled to ask me anything." 

"I am told that had I made this contact with my birth family as little as a year before I did..."

"God knew we were going to need some type of replacement family when this happened..."

"It is only because of Him that this remarkable story is here for me to share."


 Larry's story is one of eight that are part of Flavors of Forever Families.  There are some pretty good recipes in the book, as well!   Get your copy for only $12.  Pre-sales will be going on at Information Central tonight at CHC Southaven before Wednesday Night Reveal classes and at CHC Hernando after Reveal classes.

Prior teasers:


"Temporarily Todd"

"Growing Paynes"

"It All Happened So Fast"


Thanks for reading.

4theVoiceless,
Al



No comments:

Post a Comment