Friday, February 8, 2013

6 Sources of Inspiration for You Today



Think about the things that inspire you.  Some we search out; some just cross our paths.  What inspires you?  I've included six categories and some personal inspirations to get your mind moving today.  Certainly there are more that I could have included; use these as a conversation starter today, and be inspired to do more than you thought you could!

Songs

I first heard Phil Wickham's "You're Beautiful" as the background for 2012's Orphan Sunday video.  It paints a beautiful portrait of how God has revealed Himself since creation and especially through Jesus Christ.  I used the song with a photo slideshow of my last trip to Haiti, too, so it inspires me on several different levels.

Books

I have read many books that have inspired me.  Radical inspired me to the point of change.  Just ask me about Psalm 67:7 sometime.

Movies

The ten most inspiring words in the history of moviedom (one man's opinion):  "To my big brother George, the richest man in town."  The bar scene prayer  in It's a Wonderful Life is also as real as it gets in the movies.

Stories

I was just telling someone this morning about the story I saw on the news a couple of months ago about a group of retirees in a small town in Iowa.  They volunteer their time and skills to make hand-cranked off-road wheelchairs that are sent to third-world countries all over the world. 

Quotes

"If we will be naive enough to believe that God can do anything, perhaps He will."  (Steven Furtick)

People

So many to choose from.  So many that I know personally.  But for today, I choose this guy.

What About You? 

 I'd love to know who and what inspires you to do more than you ever thought you could.  Keep the conversation going on the 4theVoiceless Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment