Friday, February 15, 2013

Stuck on a Cruise Ship: First and Third World Problems


Is your biggest gripe a legitimate life issue or a first world problem?  There are a number of Twitter accounts dedicated to bringing first world problems to light, problems such as:
  • I need to go to the bathroom, but I cant find my phone. (from @F1rstWrldPrblms)
  • There are so many remixes of the song I want that I can't find the original on YouTube. (from @FiWoProblems)
  • It was 30 degrees on Monday, 60 today. my sinuses do not appreciate this change in the weather. (from @frstworldprobs)
  • Had trouble finding a parking spot at McDonald's this morning.  Too many people parking outside and using the free wifi.  (from . . . well, that's not important).

The recent Carnival Triumph power failure and resulting deplorable conditions has gotten much press in recent days.  I can only imagine the treasure trove of #firstworldprobs flying around that ship!  Having been on a cruise myself and also having at least seen third world living conditions up close, I wonder how I would have responded if I had been on that ship. 

I have a bottom-line reaction to what happened to all the first-worlders on that cruise, but I'll save it for later in the conversation.  I would like to know how you think you would have responded.  That conversation is taking place here.  Join in!


Thanks for reading.

4theVoiceless,
Al

Check out posts from the last week or so on what seems to be a continuing trend on hope and hopelessness.


No comments:

Post a Comment